Before your treatment:
• Discontinue use of isotretinoin for one year (Sotret, Claravis, Amnesteem, Accutane).
• Discontinue use of topical prescriptive medications for 48 hours (Retin-A, Tazorac, Dierin, EpiDuo, Ziana).
• Refrain from any type of exfoliating treatment(s) (glycolic, enzymes) to the treatment area for 48 hours.
• Refrain from waxing and the use of depilatories for 48 hours.
• Discontinue the use of over-the-counter acne medication (Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic) for 72 hours.
• If you are prone to cold sores, HydraFacial may cause a break out; ask your doctor for a prophylactic treatment such as Valtrex.
• Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams/sprays for at least 72 hours.
• After injections (Dysport, Juvederm) wait at least two weeks. Botox at least five days.
• Shaving is not recommended before a Gentlemen's HydraFacial Treatment. If you choose to shave, please do so at least four hours prior to your treatment.
• The day of your appointment, a full consultation will be provided. If you have any special health considerations, be sure to notify us when you make your appointment.
• Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns whatsoever.
After your treatment:
• Avoid sunbathing for at least 48 hours (although, we recommend this indefinitely) to prevent UV rays from damaging your skin; it slows down the benefits of the HydraFacial. Patients who absolutely cannot avoid sun exposure should use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and Antiox Daily to maintain your improved skin.
• Injections can be resumed in 24 hours.
• Waxing and depilatories can be resumed in 48 hours.
• Avoid heat (hot showers, sauna, intense cardio) for 24 hours.
• If you do not need make-up for the evening of treatment, wait until the next morning before applying.
• Topical prescriptive medications can be resumed in 48 hours.
• Over-the-counter acne medication may be resumed in 48 hours.
• Optimal results can only be achieved if the Daily Essentials Take-Home care is prescribed by your skin specialist is adhered to.
• The above is a guideline and not exclusive. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.